I’ve been developing a FreeCAD macro for a while with the following aims:
- Get to grips with FreeCAD and parametric modelling concepts: sketches, constraints, datum planes etc.
- Learn Python and use it for FreeCAD scripting
To really push the boundaries, I challenged myself to use Python scripting in conjunction with the PartDesign workbench: I wanted to end up with a parametric model fully based on sketches and datum planes.
The latest macro code, brief overview and instructions are available at:
The very first
v0.1.0 cut is available at:
I’ve learnt and discovered various things on this journey:
- Multi-File Macro in FreeCAD
- Unicode in FreeCAD
- Reloading FreeCAD Macro Code
- PyCharm for FreeCAD Macro Development
- FreeCAD Part Design Indexes
- Issue with padding up to face
Example images below. Check it out and let me know what you think!